53,200 Federal employees work in Colorado. They are working without pay or not working at all. And the rest of us? We run the stores & restaurants workers aren’t frequenting; we go to the parks filling up with garbage; we run small businesses that need permits; we go to the courts that are closing.
Americans brainwashed by the right don’t understand that 1. Government is improves all our lives locally in significant ways 2. Government workers are people who bear little resemblance to horrors in the GOP Admin.
It’s on us resisters, again, to help the people hurting, and to elevate the issue.
CALLS TO ACTION
2. January 23: CALL CALL CALL! ONE NUMBER TO CALL ALL: Looks like a Senate Vote Thursday on Trump’s awful response–don’t let our Dems Waver! Call 1-844-236-2373.
3. Help those who are hurting! This link will take you to a means to order food and goods for Denver-area furloughed workers. Create a list for your area! The hurt won’t stop even if the gov. reopens.
5. Rush Hour Friday! #Corner the Shutdown! MOVED TO TUESDAY, JANUARY
This event needs all of us, everywhere! Organize an event near you–and promote it! Sign-up in the comments on this Facebook page. Let people know, by holding signs on streetcorners that “WE ARE SHUTDOWN!” Hold signs that say how YOU are impacted by the shutdown, and that say how many times the Dems have votes to REOPEN the government. Help organize and participate!
Social Media Toolkit
Indivisible #TrumpShutdown Call-in Day 1/23
Social Media Toolkit
Call number: 1-844-236-2373
Shutdown policy resource: https://indivisible.org/resource/trumps-latest-temper-tantrum-and-showdown-over-wall
- The #TrumpShutdown is the longest in U.S. history. (1 month and counting!) But instead of opening the government, McConnell is bringing an extreme anti-immigrant bill to the floor for a vote. Join @IndivisibleGuide and tell your senator to reject Trump’s racist wall and end this shutdown! https://act.indivisible.org/call/cr-reject-trumps-deportation-machine-and-wall/
- The most important thing you can do today? Calling your senators to vote against Trump’s anti-immigrant bill and instead pass a clean Continuing Resolution!
That’s why today we’re joining @IndivisibleGuide groups all over the country and calling our senators. Find your call script and then pick up the phone to call now: https://act.indivisible.org/call/cr-reject-trumps-deportation-machine-and-wall/
- The #TrumpShutdown is the longest in U.S. History — 33 days and counting. That’s why we’re calling our senators today to demand they end the shutdown, with no money for the wall. Join us: 📞 1-844-236-2373 📞
- The most important thing you can do this week to end the #TrumpShutdown? Call your senators now and tell them to reject Mitch McConnell’s anti-immigrant bill and pass a clean CR: 1-844-236-2373
- Mitch McConnell would like to ignore the hundreds of thousands of federal workers going without pay, and deflect attention from the fact that he is prolonging the shutdown by advancing Trump’s anti-immigrant agenda. Tell your senator to end the #TrumpShutdown: 1-844-236-2373
Graphics [Click here to download graphics ]
Thread from Leah of Indivisible