The bad news: We must get our country back. The forces against decency and democracy are incredibly strong. Our only hope is to work regularly and wisely, even when remote.
The good news: You can make a difference by getting involved. And getting involved is easy! Check out our voter contact toolkit below to see how you can best get to work.
Voter Contact Toolkit: Finding the Best way to Get Involved
- Join Indivisible’s Textbanking program
- Tips and FAQs on Textbanking (no, the texts won’t come from your own number!)
- General guidebook for getting started
- Want to grab some Prosecco and turn this into a letter-writing party?
- You’re registered… Right?
- Now send that link (Indivisible.TurboVote.org) to everyone you know!
- For more information on voter registration, visit Indivisible’s own voter registration guide
- Check out the League of Women Voters “Planning a Voter Registration Drive” 101
Now you know how to help. The next step? Bring your friends and get them involved too! We call it Community CAFEs: Community Action For Everyone. You can find an existing CAFE or, better yet, make your own!
Set up a weekly electoral work meeting on Zoom or other virtual platform. Give it a fun name, invite group members & promote it regularly. Think of it as meeting on Fridays at someone’s house: write postcards, make calls, send some texts. Ask members to (1) Pick a campaign or two, (2) Pick a tactic or two, (3) Pour a cup of tea or a glass of wine and, (4) Jump on a Zoom call with your group for company.
This is the election of our lives, and it won’t be easy. But with your hard work, we can change American history.